Anansi is as clever as he is lazy and loves to prove just how clever he is by boasting and tricking the people of the village and the animals of the jungle. He also hates to work hard. So, he often tricks people and animals so he can rest under the shade of a nearby tree. Luckily Anansi is not always as clever as he likes to think he is. Sometimes everything backfires and he becomes the victim of his own tricks.
To purchase this ebook from Amazon UK click here
To purchase this ebook from Amazon US click here
This amusing collection of short stories is a must-read for adults and children who love to be entertained. Adults will love reading these tales to younger members of the family whilst older children will delight in discovering Brer Rabbit and his friends for themselves. This book contains the following tales:
- Anansi and the gum doll
- How Anansi got to ride Tiger
- How Anansi turned an ear of corn into one hundred goats
- How Anansi won the stories of the Sky God
- Why spiders stay on the ceiling
- Anansi and the witch named ‘Five’
- Anansi and the pot of wisdom
- Anansi and the Tommy (Thompson Gazelle)
Each tale can be read in approximately ten minutes, making them ideal for when you have a little time to escape the rush of everyday life or for sharing during story time.